Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year


Getting ready for the family dinner. I can't wait. I love the holiday season and the gathering of the family members. We have a wonderful time, eating and gathering around the Christmas tree and opening up the persents. The fireplace glows and the small kids run around and the bird sings and the puppies get so excited with the kids. It is a fun time. I started to do some of the cooking already. I have to do it in steps because I make so much food that I need to do it this way to make room to cook it. I make turkey breast and then I make a huge 20 lb. turkey as well.
We have potatoes mashed and sweet potatoes and green beans, and corn and salad and rolls, and polish sausage with peppers and onions. also we have o' dores and chips and dips and desserts of all sorts.

My family love to eat then we open up the gifts and play games or just sit around the fireplace and talk and laugh and then everyone kind falls asleep. But it is fun. When everyone leaves it is so darn quiet I hate it. I miss the noise but having two families they have to go to the other families.

The christmas time to family time. Isn't it wonderful to have this time together. This year is another year without my daughter in law who passed away. We still miss her and always have her on our mind at this time. We went to the grave site and put her wreath on with her cross and a picture of my grandson. We always talk to her and she knows she is remembered. Well this is my entry for the holiday so to everyone I want to say Merry Christmas to you all and have a wonderful holiday season. Keep God in your heart. From my home to yours I send you many hugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home