Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Mom


My mom's favorite singer. Frankie blue eyes. What does one say about a mom that is 96 years old and still going. Well that is my mom. Her name is Maryanne and she is 96 and has a head full of hair all of her teeth and wears rings on her fingers and gold around her neck and still has her nails done. I don’t have my hair done nor my nails and I wear one ring, my wedding ring. Well I am not my mom not yet anyway. At least my kids don’t say that I am. LOL. Well Mom is in the hospital as I am writing this blog. Nothing too bad but is a-little under the weather. At the age of 96 you would think one would be from time to time. She lives with my sister in Texas and needs some help with walking. Her legs are getting weak and uses a walker but nothing than that all of her blood work and everything else is okay. I can’t see her due to my problems here and living in Ohio keeps us apart but everyday I try to talk to her on the phone. I keep thinking will I live that long. If I do I hope I am no burden to anyone. I see what it does to my sister who took on the job of keeper. It isn't an easy job I know that but I can’t help in anyway but just be here for when either one wants to talk. I guess that is my job to listen to them when they want to talk about any problems or what is going on in their lives. What tomorrow will bring only God knows and that is my motto from now on. “WHAT TOMORROW WILL BRING ONLY GOD KNOWS” IS ONLY TO BE MY TITLE OF THE BOOK TITLE  I am writing. It won’t be the best seller but It will be worth while for everyone to read. Being a cop’s wife has some advantage because I have stories and more stories. Than I have everyday stories about my every day life and being a wife, mother, grandmother makes for good reading. In my long years of living I have had some great stories to tell. I won’t mention names or bring into my book people I know or if I do I will change things so no one will know whom I am talking about . Can’t hurt anyone because it would be a problem. Believe me some stories would hurt and some will make you laugh till you would pee your pants and some you will cry. I remember things way back when but do you know I can’t remember what I ate yesterday. Did I eat ? Can’t remember if I did or not. You see that is my problem? Hee Hee. Well that is it for today I am running out of words or space but either one I am going. So for today from my home to yours I send you many hugs. This is JoAnne signing off. God bless.

2 Comments:

Blogger paperpest said...

I wish your mother the best.

12:26 PM  
Blogger JoAnne said...

Thank you so much she will do just fine but I appreciate your comment.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home